At the RAU we’re excited to work with our local schools, colleges, students and teachers to raise awareness of university study and support students in their progression.
As a University we offer degrees in Business, Equine, Rural Land Management, Real Estate, Environment, Wildlife and Animal Science, as well as Agriculture. Our students are at the heart of everything we do and it shows. We are ranked seventh in the UK for student satisfaction* – and number one in the South West – following the publication of the National Student Survey (NSS) 2019. We also placed 10th in the University of the Year category at the Whatuni Student Choice Awards 2019, as well as sixth in the Job Prospects category. These prestigious set of awards are based on the views of students themselves.
We’re excited to showcase university study and what the RAU has to offer through a range of activities and events including:
- Attendance at careers/HE fairs
- Presentations to students and/or parents about the RAU
- University awareness and aspiration raising workshops (example topics could include: uni vs school, goal mapping, goal setting, speak up and uni-nomics)
- Presentations and workshops to students and/or parents about higher education (example topics could include: benefits of HE, UCAS applications, personal statements, making HE choices, student finance and student life)
- ubject taster days (example topics could include: business and entrepreneurship, equine management and science, real estate, rural land management, agriculture, food and environment)
- Campus visit days (for pre-16 or post-16 groups)
- Annual Year 10 and Year 12 summer residential
- Open days
- Annual teacher and adviser conference
*Times Higher Education (THE) ranking of NSS Results (July 2019); does not include those universities with fewer than 1000 undergraduate or alternative providers.