Are you currently in Year 10 and interested in finding out more about what it would be like to study at university?
Would you also like to experience what it's like to be a university student and get a taster of some of the exciting opportunities that will be available to you in the future?
If the answer is yes, then you can apply for a place on our free Summer residential now.
When is it? Wednesday 26 - Thursday 27 June 2019
Where is it held? The Royal Agricultural University, Stroud Road, Cirencester, GL7 6JS
How much does it cost? The course is completely free! This includes free accommodation and meals, and free transport to and from the University from key local schools
What will I do?
You’ll stay in student accommodation for the night, eat in the University restaurant and experience life as a student at the RAU. You’ll learn first-hand what it’s like to live and learn at a university through a combination of academic taster sessions and social activities. You don’t need to be interested in agriculture, taster sessions could range from rural skills through to business and enterprise. You’ll also get the chance to meet current students and enjoy a variety of social activities, games, quizzes and have plenty of fun.
Who is eligible?
To take part, you must be currently in Year 10, studying at a non-selective state school in the UK and expecting to achieve a minimum of five GCSEs, including English and Mathematics at Grade C / 4 or higher.
Priority places will be offered to students who also meet one or more of the following additional criteria:
- Live within an hour radius of the RAU
- Live in a UK postcode identified as having low progression to higher education (i.e. POLAR4 Q1 or Q2, to check eligibility please email email@example.com)
- Eligible for Free School Meals
- Have carer responsibilities
- Currently/have been in care
- Would be the first in their immediate family to attend university (excluding siblings)
- From an ethnic group under-represented at the RAU (i.e. Black, Asian and mixed backgrounds featuring one of these groups)