This one hour virtual workshop will be delivered by MADE for Education and is for parents of pupils in KS4 (Years 10 and 11) and will provide information about how you can support your child with their learning through the current lockdown.
Parents are in a unique position to influence the academic success of their children, particularly in the case of home learning for so many children currently. They set the stage for positive behaviours with regards to learning and serve as emotional supports during stressful times of studying. Made for Education parents’ evenings aim to help parents adopt an encouraging way of monitoring and celebrating their child’s commitment to academic progression.
Aims and objectives of the workshop:
- To introduce parents to the concepts of passive and active learning
- To show parents how to support their child to accelerate their learning beyond simply sitting and listening
- To support students to consider how their learning may relate to future assessment
- To help parents set routines and strategies for end of day reviews, particularly in the case of home learning
- To help parents to manage distractions to their child's learning, such as mobile phones and screens, as well as creating suitable working environments
The event will be shown virtually via an online platform. Once you have registered a link will be sent to you for you to log on to on the evening.