We are a network of six Gloucestershire based universities and colleges with twelve campuses offering over 250 higher education level courses
GROWS is led by the University of Gloucestershire in partnership with:
- Royal Agricultural University (RAU)
- Gloucestershire College
- Cirencester College
- Hartpury College
- South Gloucestershire & Stroud College (SGS).
We work together with Gloucestershire schools and colleges to encourage young people to raise their aspirations supporting them to:
- become motivated and confident about their learning and progression;
- explore the world of higher education and what it might mean for them;
- make informed decisions about their future.
We aim to:
- Raise awareness of the benefits of Higher Education and the pathways towards it by improving access to outreach activities and resources.
- Provide support to teachers and careers advisors in Gloucestershire schools to ensure that all students have the chance to learn about Higher Education in the classroom, online and through local outreach activities.
GROWS was one of the National Networks for Collaborative Outreach (NNCO) led by the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE), a scheme which aims to encourage more young people into HE. We are now an independent network, funded by partner contributions.